Monday, February 25, 2008

winter = wicked awesome

i've been extremely effective lately at controlling my desire to write brilliant posts every single day. perhaps a bit too effective...

i absolutely love snowshoeing. i like it better than regular hiking by an entire order of magnitude (which is saying something), and it even ranks slightly higher than sledding in my "top five winter activities." which, in case you were wondering, are as follows:
  1. snowshoeing
  2. sledding
  3. surfing
  4. ice skating
  5. drinking hot chocolate
i've done a good amount of 1, some of 2, and quite a bit of 5. unfortunately, it hasn't been a great winter for 4 because of all the snow we've been getting, and i haven't been able to do any of 3 in quite a while, which makes me very sad. i'm considering buying a surfboard trailer for my bike so i'll have a way to get down to the beach once the roads are a little clearer (and the weather a tad warmer), but for now i have to content myself with waiting and wishing

my taxes are done, the numbers are in, and it's official: i've maintained my streak (26 years and counting) of never making more than 20K in a calender year. and, if everything goes according to plan, i'll probably be able to keep that streak alive at least through this year

No comments: